Saturday 7 April 2012

Crazy Crispy Curry Chicken

Tonight I wanted chicken and I wanted it to be super crispy and I wanted it to be packed full of flavor, and I wanted it to be juicy because I didn't want to have to come up with a dip* (I'm having a SUPER lazy day). So this is what I came up with and I assure you that it is indeed crazy crispy, packed full of flavor, and perfectly juicy! Oh, and it's HEALTHY!

Enjoy!

Spectacular!!



Crazy Crispy Curry Chicken

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut into strips
2 cups corn flakes - crushed
1 cup flour
2 eggs - scrambled
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. + 1/2 tsp. chilli powder (my chilli powder is REALLY spicy so I use sparingly but if your chilli powder doesn't pack as big a punch, go ahead and add more)
1 tbsp. + 1/2 tbsp. medium curry powder
a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
2.  In one bowl scramble the eggs. In another bowl mix the flour with the 1/2 tsp. of chilli powder and 1/2 tbsp. of medium curry powder. In a third bowl, mix together the crushed corn flakes, salt, garlic powder, remaining tsp. chilli powder, remaining tbsp. curry powder, and ground black pepper.
3. Place a pan over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking oil.
4. Coat the chicken strips in flour, then the eggs and then in the corn flake mixture.
5. Place chicken in hot pan. Do not cook through - Just leave in the pan long enough to get a nice crisp golden coating on each side.
6. Place chicken strips on baking sheet and put in oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on how thick your strips are!)

*If you do want to pair this up with a dip it'd go really well with blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing or a mint yogurt sauce!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mimi I make some chicken tenders and dip in a sauce that I make. It's very tasty! I take one clove of garlic and smash it with salt just a little. I'm not big on salt. Then a mixture of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. It's about 1/4 c. Olive oil with however much balsamic vinegar you like. Not sure if you have All the ingredients but it's very yummy. You might need to double for 2 people or so on but Robby is a very picky eater do I just make it for myself.

    ReplyDelete