Now onto this amazing broccoli and red pepper medley. It's the perfect blend of crunch and soft as well as sweet and savory. The florets were only slightly charred which added to the incredible taste and texture. Nom nom nom! I threw a bunch of stuff together so my measurements are going to be approximates. I'm sure it'll still taste AMAZING if you decide to replicate it. I am going to make this a LOT from here on out!
Roasted Broccoli and Red Bell Peppers
1 head of broccoli
1 bell pepper - doesn't matter what color but I like the contrast of red against green
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
a few grinds of fresh black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
2. Cut the florets off the head of broccoli - cut florets into smaller bite size pieces, if necessary
3. Chop the bell pepper into bite size chunks
4. Put the broccoli and bell pepper into a baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil. Mix to coat.
5. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, Parmesan cheese and black pepper over the broccoli and bell pepper. Mix to coat.
6. Place in oven for 30 minutes. Stir halfway through cook time. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get too charred!
7. Shove into pie hole.